DUE TO SEVERE WEATHER, AND WATERLOGGED GROUNDS, IT IS WITH REGRET THAT 18 MARCH MEETING HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
It seems everything was set against us to stop this meeting happening.
Trials meeting cancelled because of frozen ground.
New trials abandoned because of blizzards.
Our judge being admitted for emergency eye surgery.
Our lure machine needing emergency part replacement.
And the list goes on!
Behind the scenes we battled on, determined to pull it off. Despite some awful weather in the past 4 seasons we have never before cancelled a meeting.
We had a huge entry and an epically long list of dogs for trials and clearing. As we began discussing the logistics of how to manage such a packed card, I caught whiff of a rather unpleasant forecast. As Monday rolled into Tuesday, the sun shone and dog coats got packed away and the committee received the weather warnings with a a mixture of denial, disbelief and horror! As Wednesday rolled into Thursday and the heating went off and T shirts came out, the forecast seemed to improve – if you looked at it through squinty eyes, at least. We felt sure that nothing would come of it, and that as long as we all wrapped up warm, we could see it through, after all, us lure coursers are made of tough stuff!
Sadly, despite our hopes and wishes and all our efforts, as Friday drew to a close and yellow warnings turned to amber, we all knew we had no choice but to cancel our season's opening meet.
I know how disappointed everyone is, but we also thank you all for your understanding. When the country awoke to varying depths of the white stuff this morning, I think we were all grateful that the sensible decision was made.
We hope to re-schedule the meeting soon, and will keep you all posted. In the meantime, here are some pictures of your dogs enjoying a snow-day, whilst all their humans caught up with ironing and household chores (so they would have me believe!).