1. All dogs must be KC Registered.
2. Dogs shall run from slips.
3. Dogs shall be measured and run in height stakes:
Bitches up to 18.5", dogs up to 20" and mixed graded stakes for whippets up to a maximum height of 21.5".
Veteran stakes may be run if enough dogs are entered.
4. All dogs must be muzzled when running. Muzzles should be put on the dog in the paddock, before entering the field.
5. Dogs must be at least one year old to run at our event.
6. A dog can compete for the remaining meetings in the season that it has it's ninth birthday
7. All dogs must be cleared before they can be issued with a passport and enter competition. They must run from slips with a partner whilst wearing a muzzle and run the course cleanly without interfering with the other dog. This must be witnessed by at least two committee members
8. At any point during a run, the judges may excuse, dismiss or disqualify a whippet. There are numerous reasons to be excused (such as coursing another whippet). A hound may be dismissed for interfering, either playfully or aggressively, with another hound's course. An excused or dismissal means that the hound may not run that course again. If a dog is disqualified 3 times they will not be able to run again.
9. All bitches will be inspected and those in season will not be allowed on the field.
10. All dogs not under starters orders MUST be on a lead. Failure will incur an immediate and strictly enforced £10 fine.
11. All litter and dog waste must be taken home . Owners must clean up after their own dogs
12. All people to stay in spectator areas as specified, until their dogs are due to run.
13. You will require a collar for the dog to run in either red or white.
14. All competitors must sign the club's disclaimer for at each meeting, prior to any dogs running
15.Puppies can trial under the following guidelines:
6 months - 20 yards
7 months - 30/50 yards
8 months 100 yards
9 months - maximum of two turns
10 months - two half courses
11 months - two full courses
All puppy runs will be at the Field Team's discretion, who can stop a run if they believe a pup is not ready to run further
16. The Judges decision is final & binding.
Please conform to these few rules to ensure everyone has a safe and happy day.